Monday, January 19, 2015

Magnum Opus Fine Coffee BF *

One of the most basic rules of a coffee shop is to serve your coffee hot.
No matter how good your coffee gets, everything is ruined with a lukewarm cup.

Magnum Opus is one of those small artisanal coffee places that emerged from BF. It has good reviews on spot, a loyal fanbase and a small arsenal of coffee flavors in their menu.





Being a former barista myself, I understand brewing a great cup takes some time. But I thin one must also be careful not to dwell on it too long. Temperature is important and hot coffee must be served immediately.



Sadly my Magnum Opus experience did not live up to my expectations. The Belgian Heartbreak, one of the famous coffee blends with Coffee and dark chocolate was like its namesake. It broke not just my heart because we ordered two of this. Our order took more than 20 minutes, and that was not even a busy night. The coffee was cold. The barista, I noticed was multi-tasking, she was the cashier, she made the coffee and scraped the used ground coffee without washing her hands at all. Screw the reviews, I'll stick to my Toby's Estate, thank you.


This Belgian Heartbreak just broke my heart

No comments: