Friday, August 22, 2008

Felix at Greenbelt 5






So many things have been written about Felix. The new resto/bistro at Greenbelt 5 is owned by the legendary Ben Chan of Bench, local celebrity Richard Gomez, and top chef Florabel Co of Florabel's. Yes, it is cozy. And the snazzy interiors add pizzazz to the place. The menu is inviting and inventive. But I would not recommend this place for a weekend dinner. (Sorry chums)


Our journey to Felix was by chance (I think). My mother spotted the write-up about the place and was mesmerized by its promise of glamour and Bacchanalian splendor. The thrill of dining in a the resto run by glitzy celebrities was an attractive invite alone. So off we went to Felix on a Saturday, the resto was a semi-busy. And the table they got was alfresco. (well, we were 9 so we had to make do with the table outside) Then disaster struck.




As I was arriving late, I was told that my family's orders were also running late. In fact, it took 45 minutes for their entrees to come out. So glancing at the fancy menu, I ordered something simple. Breaded Chicken Breast and Wild Rice. The problem is the waiter took time to get my order. And after 30 minutes of waiting, we were already dismayed that there was were still no plates nor forks that were set. Service was really bad. And my brother-in-law kept complaining that his Risotto tasted like rice with kikkoman. (Yum, just like my sister's cooking) The waiters were not paying any attention were just standing by the sidelines and chatting away.




After almost an hour of waiting, I was impatient. Well, who wouldn't be? I complained about the lack of good service and the table setting. Imagine we were just seated there and nobody from the resto staff were paying attention at all. That's the only time somebody actually did something. So much for the hoopla. The food was already lukewarm meaning it had been languishing at the kitchen counter. The staff's ineptitude ruined what could have been a great dining experience. So much for the hoopla (Well I just had to say it again).
We're definitely not returning to Felix.












No comments: