Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Disney Confessional




My mom always promised me a trip to Disneyland ever since I was in 5th grade.
I've always fantasized about it. The rides, the mascots and all have always been my dream.
Guess what? It never happened. (sniff, sniff)

So I took it upon myself to make a childhood dream a reality. (cue in Superman soundtrack)
I feel like a jilted lover seeking closure for a love affair gone wrong. (what?)
When we were on Hong kong for my sister's last hurrah vacation 2 months go, it was time to pop my dream bubble's cherry.

It was a clear Thursday afternoon. The weather was different that day. It was sunny, a far cry from the sudden rains in Hong Kong that will hit you like shuriken. As we waited for the MTR, a weird feeling came over me. Suddenly, I was a kid again. I felt a cold sweat of anticipation. Will the experience be as magical even if I'm not a child anymore?

Then the Disney MTR came. It was fun. The coaches were different. Disney decor adorned the train. It was amazing. Mickey ears handrails added the extra oomph. And I can feel my shivering hand with a camera click away and away and away.

A few more minutes, its every man child's mana.

The castle is welcoming. It is as impressive as the ones you see on TV.

The rides were kid-friendly. Space Mountain was great. (Yay!)
For the first time I felt like a child again. (Wow I said it again!)

The mascots though, were not as friendly. (Boo!)
And since I got tired of waiting in line. I wasn't able to
get a picture with Pluto. And Mickey. Grrr....

Don't miss the Lion King. It's as impressive as the Broadway musical.
This is the best show so far. I wasn't able to catch the Golden Mickeys I heard its good.

Mickey's 4D Theatre was amazing.
It made the one at Genting Highlands look like a B-movie!
The effects were spectacular.

This Disney isn't as big as I thought. One day is enough to scout the whole area.
But this whole Disney experience is a steal. So after the fireworks and the shopping and the lining up. I'm leaving HK Disney with a big smile on my face. The long-lost yearning of my childhood have been found. (Ooh... wet dream)

No comments: