Tuesday, January 15, 2013

MOMO is mo yummy

I've been noticing Momo every time I pass through Ayala Triangle but I've never tried it, until one December evening when the place was packing them in.

One gaze at the menu and I was surprised, I thought everything was pricey, but it was ok and everything's good to share but we were hungry so we ordered and ordered.

First up is soup - Herb Pumpkin Cream (150) with lots of bacon and real bacon, mind you, not the bacon bits that's imitation meat and served in a plastic bottle. The soup was so-so but it soothed the hungry tummy of 2 people who waited 45 minutes just to get a table.
roasted beef for two

Next, we ordered their Slow Roasted Roast Beef Fingers, (400+)
the beef was tender and it had generous amounts of squid rings and mashed potatoes. The beef tasted like stew. It's like stew and steak in one. It was good value for the money and filling at the same time.

fish and chips... yummy


We also had Fish and Chips, humongous beer battered fish. Also had a choice between ketchup and malt vinegar as sauces. Good, good, good but not as perfect as Mamou's.

I've heard horror stories of Momo but I was wrong. Momo is delish!
A word of advice though: don't eat alone at Momo, the food is indeed good for sharing.



No comments: