Friday, August 8, 2014

Oh my Kosh - Moshi Koshi Noodle Boss

Was surprised to find out they opened near Two E-com and since I was craving for ramen plus I didn't even want to wait in line at Ramen Nagi MOA, I gave it a try.






The place looked tempting and immaculately clean. It was set-up like a fast-food joint, offering 3 different Japanese noodle specialties - Ramen, Soba, and Udon. The ramen came in 2 sizes - Regular and Boss. (Boss has egg, and 2 pieces of chasyu)




I ordered the regular Shoyu Ramen.  The noodles were al dente , but the ramen was literally swimming in oil. That led me to ask the server if the really served their ramen that way. The Chasyu was paper thin, and the bamboo shoots were a bit overcooked. Thank goodness I followed my gut feel and went for a small bowl.





I also ordered Gyoza, it was OK, the skin was paper thin but the dipping sauce is a fail. (more spice, please)

Check out how much oil is in this soup


You really can't compare Moshi Koshi to other established ramen places, it would be like comparing Chowking to Shang Palace. Frankly you get what you pay for - fastfood ramen at almost fastfood prices. (Sorry guys, it's a tough business, but you have to work on making your ramen better if you want to survive the ramen wars.)


No comments: