Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cooking it up with Nora theme song


 Nora Daza (image from Phil Daily Inquirer)

Who among you guys grew up watching Cooking it up with Nora on Channel 2?
For those who grew up in the early 90's, this was the quintessential cooking show.  It also spawned a famous cookbook with the same name. Nora Daza, the Julia Child of the Philippines, was the star of the show and it also had a very catchy theme song.

And if you want to know the title of the song. It's called Nightbirds by English jazz band Shakatak. This song was released during the 80's. And every time I hear this I can't help but reminisce of her cooking show. Thanks to Shakatak, Nora Daza lives on.

Here's the link to the song so you can groove to it. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrGcdnZ_rWc

Need the mp3? Email me. (Wink)

6 comments:

Alexis said...

Hi there!

Firstly, I think the song they used wasn't "Nightbirds", but "Invitations" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ69Usgcy7I), also by Shakatak.

Man, I grew up watching that show. I was around three or four when I first watched "Cooking It Up with Nora", then "Cooking It Up With the Dazas". I could even blame the show for my being a bit of a foodie. Hahaha! I love how the emphasized cooking as something fun the family did. Good times!

Unknown said...

ok, thanks for pointing this out. good times

Sheeway said...

OMG! I have been looking for this song for ages! Thank you sooooo much.

btnheazy03 said...

@Alexis I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS SONG FOR ETERNITY

Alexis said...

Hahaha ! You're welcome ! I like Shakatak's music, and when I first heard Invitations, I immediately thought of Cooking It Up with the Dazas. Haha !

Unknown said...

Invitaions by Shakatak..wow didnt knew this genre exist in the UK then..akala ko US group sila.