Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Experience UCC





If you haven't tried UCC, then you're missing out on really good coffee.

This Japanese chain serves great food as well.


Last March 29, we went to UCC Mall Of Asia for my bro-in-law's birthday.

I was suprised that there were 2 branches set up here. People sure couldn't get enough of their "sorry Starbucks but we're pricier than you" coffees I suppose. Seriously, the UCC Cafe Terrace is a cozy and relaxing place for a quiet dinner or a nightcap. By the way, UCC stands for Ueshima Coffee Company.

You can't go wrong with their pasta choices like the eel pasta and the spaghetti soup,
one-of-a-kind but really good. I had the Cliffhanger, a fried Monte Cristo sandwich. It was devoid of any frills (no soggy fries, it had just a piece of orange) but it tasted heavenly. Layers and layers of chicken breast , bacon, ham, mozzarella cheese on a double decked sandwich then fried with crumbs. Delicious. Filling. 2 thumbs up.

I also ordered a plate of Garlic Shrimp and Mushroom Spaghetti to share. The pasta was really good, portions were generous. It was perfect; I just didn't like Shiitake mushrooms. But I wanted to try the unagi (eel) pasta the birthday boy ordered. Next time probably.


Check out their lavish desserts.

And avoid the Japanese curry.

Otherwise, this place is 2 thumbs up.

Sayonara.




No comments: