Friday, November 28, 2008

Fitness First Sucks

i'm ranting since last night.
Let me repeat this.
Fitness First sucks!

And if you plan to go to gym never, ever go to Fitness First.
You pay almost $50 a month and what do you get?
Crap! Utter crap! I go to their SM mall of Asia gym. That gym has barely opened for a year but most of the showers have broke down. Shower heads are missing. Machines have conked out.
I have experienced my stuff getting stolen at the locker rooms. And the restrooms are vandalized to extinction.

But what makes me further puke about them is their billing system.
I've heard horror stories of Fitness First's notorious billing system; like still being charged for monthly dues on your credit card even if you've already canceled your membership, etc.
Never occurred to me how frigging greedy they are but here's what happened.

I plan to go to another gym so I canceled my membership.
Girl at the counter tells me that I need to notify them one month in advance for that to be done. So if I cancel now, it would take effect January 1, 2009. Meaning you have to pay another month's due, a big waste of money since you're already transfering to another gym. Mind you, I have already paid them one month in advance. So in effect you're already wasting 2 months worth of monthly dues. To avoid hassle, I just settled, only to be told that there will be another rate increase for the months of november and december that is added to my bill! Grr....
and to add further insult to injury, girl at the counter even gave me a referral slip to refer my friends to fitness first. I should've torn that paper in front of her face.

This gym is f-ing greedy they should change their name to Money First.

No comments: