Wednesday, March 11, 2009

E-heads, Finally...



























I've run out of words to describe
E-heads: The Final Set. The word Spectacular is an understatement and eargasm seems too mild a word to describe it. This is THE concert that the band should have given us the first time around. But after all the hullabaloo I'm not complaining.

Great setup. the place was waaay better than the ruins of Taguig. Huge videowalls gave justice to the band's performance (esp. to us who watched it from far away.)

By 5 pm, the venue was already crawling with people. I even took pics from the 5th floor of North Parking of SM MOA. The bay was a perfect complement to a the sea of people watching. The venue was large and breezy enough and it wasn't as "rocky" as Taguig. The mall even piped-in Eheads songs all day. I loved it. So off I went with Les (who made abono my tickets) to early dinner at Gram's and meet her friends.

By 8, the tribute avp was already rolling. As we hurried to the "Silver" gate, the big burly guy from security stopped me and said he can't allow to bring in my Canon SLR. I wonder what's wrong with bringing an SLR to the venue, we were so far away as if it posed a security threat. So like happened during the first concert I had to hurry back to my car and stuff my slr. I had to make "tiyaga" with my digicam...
We almost missed the first song which was Magasin and place was already crowded, more crowded than the Taguig concert. Then the songs came one after the other I noticed Eli's mood was lighter and he was reacting to the crowd. Marcus sang a lame regggae version of... I can't remember the title. Raimund brought the house down with Alcohol... they should've gotten Radioactive to jam with them but it sounded great. The place was superjampacked but people were more behaved. No hint of maryjanes in here, hehe.

Some high points in the concert:
1) Eli singing Kaleidoscope World as tribute to Francis
2) the unexpected encore, which made people rush back to the venue buti di nagkastampede
Raimund was saying: Bitin ba? Asan si Marcus?
3) the Group Hug, which I felt was sincere
4) Eli giving the mike to Tim Yap, and making him look like a total loser and faker for not even knowing the lyrics to Toyang. (Boo Gucci gang)
5) Amazing fireworks
6) And... the burning of the old piano from Sticker Happy

This concert is Eraserheads at its memorable best.
Thanks guys.

No comments: