Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fine Print: East West Bank






















This campaign jumpstarted my career at J Romero.
I had a lot of firsts with this ad.
It was my first win after I transfered from a small agency called Expert Advertising.
It was the first time I partnered with Lucas, a partnership that would last 4 years.

East West Bank's Home Loans took off bigtime after this campaign.
And we did a lot of good stuff together.

We were lucky that the client, Ms. Yoly C. was ahead of her time and she understood the merits of creativity in bank ads.

What I don't like about this ad though is the lengthy copy that client requested. If I had to do it over again I would've shortened it further. I'm proud to say that this was the fruit of the class I took with Claire Drueco-Lopez,
the former ECD of JWT.


credits
Client: East West Bank
Agency: J Romero
Copy and concept: Chris Ong
visualizer: Chris Ong
art director: Lucas Luchico
Year: 2003

No comments: