Monday, February 17, 2014

Have you tried Ukkokei's Tantanmen?



Tantalizing flavors of Tantanmen





According to the servers at Ukkokei, total of 40 Tantanmen bowls are only served per day.
That's quite a small volume compared to the oodles of ramen served elsewhere.
Tantanmen is a spicy, earthy ramen made with minced pork. Tasting it reminds me of the Chinese dish Mapo Tofu. Ukkokei's version is pretty good, the spiciness dows not overpower the flavor of the noodles, but you have to finish this early because the soup might turn into film-like good after a while (its that deadly oily) At 360 pesos a bowl, its good enough to satisfy one's hunger pangs.
Best paired with a cold soda or tea.

I was lucky enough to try the Tantanmen one Sunday night because we did make sure to go there early for dinner so my sister won't miss her ramen fix. I suggest you try one too to discover what the fuss is all about. This is not ramen I would like to eat everyday but I do get to enjoy every once in a while.

 My Ramen Ranking: 3rd place





No comments: