Monday, March 24, 2008

A Night at the Ziggurat











Mediterrrean food is a stranger to my stomach.

My only concept of it is the shawarma whose stalls have sprung up all over Manila 10 years ago.

When my colleagues suggested a night out at Ziggurat, I assumed it would be another forgettable night, boy, was I wrong!

Ziggurat is strategically located in Makati's red light district, a mecca of Arabic culinary treasures worth going to. Upon entrance I already found it cozy. When I opened the menu, I was surprised! The menu is a hodgepodge of exotic specialties from exotic locations you can only ponder on. Egypt. Africa. Tunisia. India. Iran. There were so many items on the menu you don't know what to order first.

I'm not adventurous when it comes to food when I'm not so familiar with. So I settled for shawarma. Telling myself, if they were this good, their shawarma must be dazzling.

My friends did the ordering, some ordered naan and chapati with curry dips, kebabs, a variety of cheeses, and moussaka, an eggplant dish whose name almost escape me.

The food was ok, it wasn't spicy, but my stomach always acts funny after a night of Mediterrean or Indian.

We had honey beer and my friends smoked shicha. It was supposed to be a great night but I had to beg off because my stomach was acting up again. So much for another exotic night.
Ratings:
Ambiance 5 forks
Food 3 fork
Value for Money 3 forks
Service 4 forks
Variety 5 forks
Ziggurat can be found on Polaris St., Makati Ave., Makati City

No comments: